Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The 2020 VJMC National Rally - Virtual Show and Shine is open to all to view.

You will need to be a member and login to enter or vote. Entries and voting closes at 6:00 PM on Saturday 2nd of May, 2020.

TOPIC:

2020 VJMC Virtual Show and Shine - DISCUSSION 1 year 1 month ago #49869

• AlanXJ650
  • AlanXJ650's Avatar Topic Author
Members,

Please remember to "Insert" your photos into your VS&S entry so they appear in full size. Otherwise those viewing your entry have to open each photo one at a time and they may not bother.

Question: How do I get a photo to appear in normal size in my Forum message?

Answer:
1. Open/Edit your Entry
2. Select the "Attachments" button below the message text
3. Locate your cursor in the message where you would like the photo to appear
4. Click "Insert" on the photo to insert
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 as required
6. Submit your message.

If you are having other problems loading photos please also see the FAQ link (below) that is a tab on the Forum page.
vjmc.org.au/j30/index.php?option=com_kun...view=misc&Itemid=173

Regards
Alan
Alan
1980 Yamaha XT500G (single)
1980 Yamaha XJ650H (four)
1980 Yamaha XS850G (triple)
2012 John Deere ride on (Kawasaki 500cc twin)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by AlanXJ650.

Judging Class - Yamaha 1 year 1 month ago #49880

Hi Wheel Nut,
At a glance it looks to me that the paint job is of a ‘75 B model and the front mud guard is of one of the last models E or F before they went to the ‘Special’. Other tell tale signs are front end differences. Hard to say from a picture, but they had fork leg thickness upgrades and depending where they come from, UK or America, some had twin disc and some had single.
I have a ‘76 C model with twin discs.
Hope this helps.

Judging Class - Suzuki 1 year 1 month ago #49887

Howdy Australia! I'm Bruce Mangels of Tombstone, Arizona. My buddy Bob Murphy asked me to intro myself here, so attached a pic of my 1991 Suzuki GS1100G. It is the only one I know of with the neat factory side hard bags that have the t/sigs in the mounting brackets. Not my first Zook, I put 50 and 75 thousand miles on my 2 1981 GS1100s. What a motor Suzuki birthed with their first 4 stroke, the GS750, growing into the 4 valve 1100cc drag racing still reveres. A few of you might remember The Virtual Junkyard where I sold NOS parts for 15 years. Enough of me, why I really wrote to you was to congratulate you all on your love and preservation of the Japanese Classics. Your Oz club has more bikes, and I should say, better bikes and events than we have in the entire USA! Please drop a line if you'd like, and remember, two strokes smoke!
Attachments:

2020 VJMC Virtual Show and Shine - DISCUSSION 1 year 1 month ago #49914

• AlanXJ650
One week in and we have 148 entries across all classes. You will have noticed that some bikes are in more than one class. That's perfectly okay but it means I don't know how many seperate bikes are entered.

We have also had almost 4,400 views in that week. I sent info on it to the VJMC in the UK and US and they both responded very positively so some of those views may be coming from those countries.

The Webmaster told me we have also had a steady stream of requests from members for website accounts to enter their bikes.

I noted during the registration for the Toowoomba S&S that the most popular entries were Honda Goldwings, Honda 750/4s and Yamaha XS1100s. I think i saw the first Honda 750/4 in the VS&S yesterday and i don't recall seeing any Goldwings or XS1100s so I hope we see a lot more entries by the end of next week.

EDIT: 22/4/2020. I noticed this morning that we had 12 members logged in and 137 visitors so it looks like the VS&S has been noticed.
EDIT: 23/4/2020. I suggested to the USA and UK that they might like to run their own VS&S and saw the attached on their website yesterday.

Alan
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: jingle, BrianG

2020 VJMC Virtual Show and Shine - DISCUSSION 1 year 1 month ago #49933

Yes, plenty of entries and lots of views but why aren't they voting?

2020 VJMC Virtual Show and Shine - DISCUSSION 1 year 1 month ago #49935

• AlanXJ650
Without asking everyone, I would suggest it's the same reason as me. I'm waiting to see most of the bikes come in and vote once in each class. If i vote now and three ir four better bikes come into a class, i have already spent my vote.

Others can give their reasons.

EDIT: See reply below from John Doward. It points you toward the correct advice.
Alan
The following user(s) said Thank You: glenn_mason

2020 VJMC Virtual Show and Shine - DISCUSSION 1 year 1 month ago #49936

I'm also waiting till the end to see them all before voting.

However, you should only vote for one bike in each category?
See: vjmc.org.au/j30/index.php?option=com_kun...&id=25524&Itemid=176
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrianG, glenn_mason

Last edit: by John Doward.

2020 VJMC Virtual Show and Shine - DISCUSSION 1 year 1 month ago #49937

Hi, I have entered bike #49934 (Honda CX500 Turbo) in the 1980s class.

Could you tell me how to add the "Thanks" button at the bottom of my entry. I don't seem to have one while all the others do.

Regards
Stevenh
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlanXJ650

2020 VJMC Virtual Show and Shine - DISCUSSION 1 year 1 month ago #49938

• AlanXJ650
Hi Steven,

That'll be so you can't thank yourself. Everyone else can see the Thank You button on your entry. Look at your question you just posted. I'll be very surprised if there's a Thank You button.
Alan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stevenh

2020 VJMC Virtual Show and Shine - DISCUSSION 1 year 1 month ago #50017

• AlanXJ650
Our Toowoomba rally would have been at the end of this week so this is the last week of the VSS. Entries and voting both close at 6:00 PM on Saturday.

I don't know if anyone else is thinking this but picking a winner is going to be a LOT harder than i expected. I have 4 or 5 favorites in some Judging Classes. I'm sure we have seen a lot of bikes here on the VSS that wouldn't have made it to Toowoomba due to distance and because some members are entering so many.

PS. C'mon Sunshine Coast members. Only one entry apart from mine. I can think of about 30 bikes not entered here.
Alan
The following user(s) said Thank You: jingle

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds