Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The 2020 VJMC National Rally - Virtual Show and Shine is open to all to view.

You will need to be a member and login to enter or vote. Entries and voting closes at 6:00 PM on Saturday 2nd of May, 2020.

TOPIC:

Judging Class - Yamaha 10 months 2 weeks ago #49832

1998 Yamaha FZS600
My daily rider
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Judging Class - Yamaha 10 months 1 week ago #49908

This is my 1967 Yamaha YR1 350 that I bought new in November 1967. It sat idle in the shed for quite a few years while I procrastinated about doing it up before being back on the road in 2008 after what was little more than a cosmetic restoration. The motor was finally rebuilt a couple of years ago.. It has a bit over 85000 miles under its belt.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: jingle, BrianG, Hondaft500, moriss, wmays, Barry

Last edit: by AlanXJ650. Reason: Corrected merge of text with part of photo Insert.

Judging Class - Yamaha 10 months 1 week ago #49932

1972 yamaha ds7,Only produced for one year.This was the prelude to to the very popular and long running RD series.I bought this at a garage sale my wife dragged me to.the only thing visable in a huge pile of rubbish was the front wheel,This got my attention so i started digging,eventually i pulled out a frame two wheels and half an engine.Found the dented tank in his other garage and a few other parts.
Searching for parts took the longest amount of time,but once i had everything resto could begin,Six months later and we have a result.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlanXJ650, Hondaft500

Last edit: by gregt.

Judging Class - Yamaha 10 months 1 week ago #49943

1973 tx500 yamaha twin,yamahas first four stroke 500,was considered a bit of a lemon in is day,had overheating problems,but over the years yamaha fixed varies issues the bike had was even changed model to xs500,later in its life.
this has given me plenty of headaches over the resto but now finally runs ok,plenty of power for a twin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian Smith

Judging Class - Yamaha 10 months 1 week ago #49944

1968 ct175 road trail,this was the prelude to the famous DT series bikes which made yamaha world famous to bring to the masses a decent road trail bike ,that could handle both conditions quite well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim, matb, wmays

Judging Class - Yamaha 10 months 1 week ago #49981

My 1985 Yamaha FZ750 purchased in 2011 original colour was red and black just finished the rebuild.

Judging Class - Yamaha 10 months 6 days ago #50041

RD400C 1976
Powerdynamo ignition , NOS mufflers. Purchased as a unspeakable mess in 2004. Left in the corner for
12 years then fully rebuilt. I had one of these in the 70s - very happy to have another.

The following user(s) said Thank You: BrianG, moriss, JohnS

Judging Class - Yamaha 10 months 5 days ago #50068

1985 Yamaha RZ250R. Now this is what Yamaha was great at - building giant killing two strokes that just about won everything in its class for most of the 80's. The power valve system revolutionised two strokes (first in TZ's) then they applied the same technology to four strokes with the EXUP valve. These days almost every super sport bike has their version of an 'EXUP' valve. This beast absolutely flies!

The Isle of Man - The Mecca of Motorcycling.
Attachments:

Judging Class - Yamaha 10 months 4 days ago #50094

1974 TX650A
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Col Dusting, Pete T, harrisz1, matb

Judging Class - Yamaha 10 months 4 days ago #50122

This bike was bought as a spare parts bike for $105 on Ebay, 6 hrs NW of Melbourne.
The original owner used it briefly for speedway, it had never been road registered.
The first photo is what I bought.

It sat for many years, then I thought as it had already been bastardised, I did not need to feel guilty for modifying it further.
It was an XS750SE.
I then found a set of 850 pots and bored them out to accept the 896 pistons.
Fitted Mikuni 38mm flatslide carbies from a Triumph 900. Hand made the air cleaner system.
Converted a set of Triumph 1050 headers to fit the XS.
Straightened, re-chromed and rebuilt the original forks. The rear shocks are 365mm rather than the 325 originals, as I wanted to quicken the steering due to it having the longer SE fork.
Used an English Wheel to roll out the rear fender from 2mm 5052 Ally.
Found a XS750E fuel tank that needed the dint's removed and lead lapped. Resprayed from bare metal.
Made the seat pan and built up the foam pad - the guys at work made up the leather cover.
Brakes are rebuilt originals.
It goes extremely well - much quicker than my XS750-2D. The only problem is that it runs out of gears at about 200Km, it still has plenty of power to go.

Time to create page: 1.673 seconds