Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The 2020 VJMC National Rally - Virtual Show and Shine is open to all to view.

You will need to be a member and login to enter or vote. Entries and voting closes at 6:00 PM on Saturday 2nd of May, 2020.

• Page:

TOPIC:

Judging Class - Suzuki 1 year 1 month ago #49953

1976 suzuki re5 A model,only 2 models ever produced,75 and 76,sales were appalling for suzuki.(total approx 6300) this bike nearly sent them broke,Reportly spending over $200 million in development from the mid sixties to final release in 1975,First model (M) far too futuristic for the general public,with an engine no one knew about or how to work on it ,it really was doomed from the start.Suzuki persisted in 1976 revamping the model using traditional guages headlight, tail light and blinkers borrowed from the gt750 model.This bike is original,although i have gone a bit crazy polishing the motor ,but paint and chrome and rims all original including seatcover.
The following user(s) said Thank You: suzisteve, Pete T, JohnS, Stevenh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Judging Class - Suzuki 1 year 1 month ago #50008

Suzuki 1972 GT 750 J, aka known as the ”Water Bottle”
Bought the Suzuki in fairly rough condition about 9 years ago from the USA. Enjoyed having it for a few years before handing it over for restoration to the very capable hands of Nigel & Jo Allwood at ISIS Bikes Childers,Queensland. Could never have imagined the bike that emerged, beyond mere restoration to the finest detail. What came about 7 years later is what you see in the photos.

The following user(s) said Thank You: suzisteve, TopCat, peter900, petebe

Last edit: by AlanXJ650. Reason: Clicked "Insert" on photos to appear full size

Judging Class - Suzuki 1 year 1 month ago #50027

1980 GSX1100 . Nut & Bolt restoration in 1998. Still going strong !
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Doward, glenn_mason

Last edit: by Col Dusting. Reason: Photo's not enlarged

Judging Class - Suzuki 1 year 1 month ago #50028

1981 Katana
Attachments:

Judging Class - Suzuki 1 year 1 month ago #50103

This my 1974 Suzuki GT 250 unrestored

Suzuki Katana 750 Pop-up
Suzuki RG250
Kawasaki MC90
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: suzisteve, TopCat

Judging Class - Suzuki 1 year 1 month ago #50176

1989 GSXR 1100 K purchased in 1993 with 3500km (now around 61000km). Mostly stock aside from a 2019 upgrade to 1991 GSXR1100M wheels, forks, swingarm, handlebars and triple clamps and new front discs. Bodywork and engine are all stock, original, unrestored and untouched. All original parts from 2019 upgrade were retained and could bolt straight back on!
I also have both keys, the manuals, service records and so on.

Judging Class - Suzuki 1 year 1 month ago #50179

1988 GSXR 1100J full restoration finished Saturday May 2, 2020! I bought this bike as a running basket case around 10 years ago and started the restoration about 9 months ago after scouring the globe for genuine Suzuki parts! I am the second owner, although the bike had 120,000km on it when I bought it. The restoration was extensive and involved re-anodisation of the frame and swingarm, along with complete rebuild of every component with genuine Suzuki parts (aside from brakelines, discs and wheel bearings).

The following user(s) said Thank You: fatyam

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.115 seconds