Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The 2020 VJMC National Rally - Virtual Show and Shine is open to all to view.

You will need to be a member and login to enter or vote. Entries and voting closes at 6:00 PM on Saturday 2nd of May, 2020.

• Page:

TOPIC:

Judging Class - Suzuki 10 months 2 weeks ago #49678

• AlanXJ650
  • AlanXJ650's Avatar Topic Author
Enter your Suzuki here.

Instructions to enter if required. (this is identical to replying to a topic in the Forum):
1. Click on the "Reply Topic" button just above and left of this OR click "Reply" button below any entry
2. Depending on your browser you may need to scroll to the top of screen to see the area to key in details.
3. Enter a few details of your bike, ie Make, Model, Year, whether original or restored and a few notes of interest if you wish.
4. Attach photos up to 8 photos only and one Reply per entry (see steps below if required)
5. Insert the photos in the message so they appear in full size (see steps below if required).
6. Press the "Submit" button and the job is complete
7. Repeat the above steps for each bike you want to enter in each category.

See "How to Enter" topic in this section for help on attaching and inserting photos.

See "How to Vote" topic in this section for help on how to vote.
Alan
1980 Yamaha XT500G (single)
1980 Yamaha XJ650H (four)
1980 Yamaha XS850G (triple)
2012 John Deere ride on (Kawasaki 500cc twin)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by AlanXJ650. Reason: Added details on how to complete entry

Judging Class - Suzuki 10 months 2 weeks ago #49740

1980 Suzuki GSX1100E.

This model was launched in 1979 and ran to 1981 with minor revisions. It has Suzuki’s first 4 valves per cylinder engine, including TSCC (twin swirl combustion chambers) claimed to improve power and efficiency. GSX1100’s were successfully used in production racing including winning the 1981 Castrol 6 hour.

This bike has had 3 previous owners - my friends Randall (who bought it new) and Michael and my sister Rosemary. Originally silver, it survived two major crashes in the early 1980’s when it was repaired with a replacement frame and blue bodywork. It is unrestored and in standard condition except for upgraded suspension, exhaust, brake lines & headlight.

Copies of January 1981 Two Wheels magazine test data for this model are also below for reference.

The following user(s) said Thank You: suzisteve, ozebob, gray am I, GAZZ

Judging Class - Suzuki 10 months 2 weeks ago #49745

Suzuki GSXR-1100 - built 6/91, making it an early "N" model (for the MY92). This was the last of the air/oil cooled motors (1127cc) before moving across to the water-cooled donks the next year. A true survivor - all original except the Ohlins rear shock.

Might not be "modern", however still putting 120 RW HP to the ground.

Attachments:

Last edit: by glenn_mason.

Judging Class - Suzuki 10 months 2 weeks ago #49773

Suzuki GSX1100E - built 2/80. Purchased (rescued) around 2 years ago from a back shed in a Perth suburb. Been locked away for nearly 7 years prior. Full carby rebuild and re-jet to suit the 4-1 pipe, many hours of restoring & refurbishing plus NOS parts to bring back the originality. A dream to ride!

The following user(s) said Thank You: suzisteve

Judging Class - Suzuki 10 months 1 week ago #49775

1975 Suzuki RE5
I have spent the last six years restoring this iconic motorcycle. At times it has been a love/hate relationship but the outcome was well worth the effort.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: suzisteve, BLaw56, marktanswell, miked

Last edit: by pgfisher.

Judging Class - Suzuki 10 months 1 week ago #49878

In the first post, Two Wheels asked for a shaft drive version, 10 years later I give you the Love Child of GSX1100 - steel double cradle,
GSX110R - 1127cc engine and a Shaft Drive. De-tuned to 100 hp and to 10,000 rpm
GSX1100G - Made from the spare parts bin and on a budget they were made 1991 to 1993.
Long, top heavy and fast, 240kmh top speed, 1/4 in 11.6 @ 220kmh, but happy to putt at 25kmh in top.
Bought this one and as over 15 y.o. , it could be re-rego'd .Minor damage to tank, pipes, mirror & exhaust.

Has worn paint in places, recently required a cam chain.
Thank you.
SUUZZZ-UKKII
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: suzisteve

Last edit: by miked. Reason: word doubled up

Judging Class - Suzuki 10 months 1 week ago #49915

1974 suzuki gt750 waterbottle,3 cylinder 2 stroke,very politically incorrect thesedays,blowing all that discusting smoke polluting the atmosphere,I love it!!!!
Shes a good ol girl,new paint and chrome,fair bit of polishing,but she scrubs up ok.Just cant beat the noise and power of a big multi cylinder 2 stroke.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: suzisteve, Barry

Last edit: by AlanXJ650. Reason: Made photos appear full size

Judging Class - Suzuki 10 months 1 week ago #49918

Suzuki GSXR-1100H - built 12/86, Australian Compliance plated. I'm the second owner of this immaculate "Slabbie". Shown here with several modifications - USD forks, 17" wheels and upgrades to the suspension/braking package (Please note: all mod's are "bolt on" only - no cutting, welding or modifications to the frame has taken place). I still have all the original items (exhaust, wheels, front end, original windscreen, etc to return it to stock - would only take 1/2 day in the shed).

All standard mechanically, however has had carby's o/hauled and tuned to suit. Currently puts out 115 RW HP.

The following user(s) said Thank You: suzisteve, moriss

Judging Class - Suzuki 10 months 1 week ago #49941

1981 Suzuki GS850G Aust. Compliance 3/81. Bike was a barn find in a shed out the back of Leppington, in literally dozens of boxes, bags, cupboards and all over the garage floor, completely disassembled for a rebuild that never happened. It was half of a job lot of two non-running GS850G's that Dave Bernardi and I picked up on a wet Sunday morning for $400. This machine was reassembled and mechanically restored into perfect shape by Dave - almost all the parts needed for the rebuild were found in the boxes and bags etc - the link below is Dave's original forum note on getting the bike home and into his garage.
vjmc.org.au/j30/index.php?option=com_kun...&id=20656&Itemid=166
I subsequently bought it from Dave a few years ago and had the paintwork done and new pipes made by Tranzac in Brisbane.
The fairing came from Paul Johnson - it was originally on his GS1000G - so three VJMC Sydney members contributed to get the bike to it's current state just in time for the 2019 VJMC Rally on the Gold Coast, sixteen years after it was disassembled and thirty nine years since it left the factory.
It runs and rides like new and is a very comfortable and well mannered machine.

The following user(s) said Thank You: allan dykstra, Col Dusting, pj0067, BrianG, AlanXJ650, Jim, glenn_mason, Colb

Last edit: by suzisteve.

Judging Class - Suzuki 10 months 1 week ago #49948

This is my 1983 750 Suzuki Katana.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: miked, kwakaz1nine

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.183 seconds