Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The 2020 VJMC National Rally - Virtual Show and Shine is open to all to view.

You will need to be a member and login to enter or vote. Entries and voting closes at 6:00 PM on Saturday 2nd of May, 2020.

• Page:

TOPIC:

Judging Class - Kawasaki 1 year 1 month ago #49960

kawasaki z900,stone tribute bike
The following user(s) said Thank You: kwakaz1nine, Shanezzr1200

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Judging Class - Kawasaki 1 year 1 month ago #50014

1972 H2 750 , Dec 71 build
Finished restoring earlier this year
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlanXJ650, matb, Colb, Ian Smith, kwakaz1nine, Shanezzr1200

Judging Class - Kawasaki 1 year 1 month ago #50038

Hi My 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, Australian bike, not an import, 3 owners, matching frame and engine numbers, original restoration completed in 2009 by Carl Norling, subsequent work by myself and Clark Camp North Qld, Everything correct and original down to Chain Oiler, yellow inspection paint dots, etc. Chrome by Hamilton Chrome, Instruments by Peter Boros, Engine was done with new Rings, gaskets, seals etc. on standard bore in 2009. I bought it in 2012. Bike has done about 8,000 kms since then mainly club runs, displays and overnighters to places in North Qld. It won best bike at the Healesville show prior to me getting it and has won a few more since. Not just a show bike though as I try to ride it at least once a fortnight. I am also a member of Z Owners, and TRMCC,Townsville. Thanks for looking! Cheers Karl Roebuck
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shanezzr1200

Last edit: by kwakaz1nine. Reason: pic was out of focus...

Judging Class - Kawasaki 1 year 1 month ago #50044

Kawasaki WT OW-100 300cc
Original unrestored condition, purchased new from the factory in Japan in 2017 (sale negotiated during VJMC Suzuka tour).
Fluids changed every day.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim

Last edit: by gregjef.

Judging Class - Kawasaki 1 year 1 month ago #50049

Beautiful bike, always loved these.... Cheers Karl

Judging Class - Kawasaki 1 year 1 month ago #50073

Original 1986 GPZ900R A3

This one has quite a story!

I ordered a GPZ900R on my 18th birthday and it was delivered Christmas Eve 1986. I just had to have one and these were arguably THE bike to have in the 80's. So, as a busted a#@e apprentice, I worked two jobs to be able to afford her!

I had her for 6 years, rode fast everywhere, was chased by the cops on the odd occasion, lost my license too many times so I fitted a radar detector (showing my age!) and fitted a brake/tail light disconnect switch as a licence preservation measure! (Hey, I was 18!) I scared myself a lot, and had heaps of fantastic memories!

Sold her in 1993 to a guy I worked with so that I could buy a VFR, He shifted to SA and I shifted to QLD. Over the years, I have always kept a photo of her in the shed and one in the house (apparently the only photo I had in the house when my current partner met me!).

So, sitting around one day in March and looking through Gumtree (as I always do!) and there is this sweet A3, same colour as my old one, located in Melbourne. I sent the guy a message to either ring me or txt me so I could ask a few questions, not thinking much of it. I heard from him that morning asking me if I used to own one of these in the 90's. I replied, yes!. Next he asked where I worked then that got my attention. I answered him (thinking to myself "Sh*t , surely this can't be?"). Then I got the next text saying "This is your old bike!". Needless to say I owned her again within 20 minutes. Two days later after 27 years she was on a truck heading 'home' to me.

The bike, still runs sweet, original except for the 4:1 and screen. The motor has never been apart, original paint in good condition, still has the original faring, screws and infill panels, original keys and books. Even the original gearsack rack is still fitted, although not the original gearsack bag (the NSW police have that! Another long story but thankful for the switch...let's just leave it there!). Anyway - it even still has the bracket that used to hold the special switch!

So, as I am the original owner - here's the plans moving forward. Start by giving her a good clean (in progress), try and source some stock pipes, put her on club plates, ride her with a more 'mature' attitude and never sell her again. Although, I might even fit the old special switch again just for old time sake!

The following user(s) said Thank You: marktanswell, Shanezzr1200

Last edit: by mamclennan.

Judging Class - Kawasaki 1 year 1 month ago #50074

Z1A900 74 model. Australian delivered with correct date stamps.
After a misspent youth watching my older brothers and their mates show up on all sorts of fast machines in the 70's, spending the 80's and 90's riding way too fast on more "modern" bikes, I purchased this as a very average non operational but almost complete Z900, sight unseen, 4 years ago. I then spent 2 years drinking beer looking at it thinking "what have i done?".
Started restoring it in Aug 18 after returning from the TT on the Isle of Man feeling inspired! Completed restoration Sept 19.
My first restoration and I went in big! The majority of work was carried out by myself (only the paint, wheels and engine assembly, which I assisted, by others) nothing was spared with everything either rebuilt, replaced and polished, engine stripped for cleaning and a check, fitted new rings as everything else was in great condition, carbies rebuilt, original wheels rebuilt, original badges used and covers polished. Had to source the correct front end as had been fitted with a Z1000 forks/brakes, dash had been changed and some other minor modifications over the years where reversed and put back to original spec.
First Z900 I have ever ridden was when I rode this one out of the shed for its maiden run. Definitely worth it!
I built it to ride and enjoy, so is on club reg and ride when possible.

The following user(s) said Thank You: John Doward, JohnS

Last edit: by mamclennan.

Judging Class - Kawasaki 1 year 1 month ago #50075

Original A2 1985 Australian Delivered GPZ900R. Everything original, except a repair to middle fairing section crack which required new silver paint on that section paint, including the long rear guard. Still have original set of both keys.
Everything works as designed, including the thermo fan and side stand cut-out switch (anyone who owned one of these where probably caught out with either of these failing) and the seat is still as hard as in the day.
Purchased early 2019, stripped back the basics and gave her a really good clean, replaced the frame bearings as required, kitted the carbies and gave her a good going over
Still goes hard as they always did, and a pleasure to ride.
On club rego and ride when possible.

Judging Class - Kawasaki 1 year 1 month ago #50102

This is my Little Kawasaki MC90 1973, full nut and bolt restoration going up against the big boys

Suzuki Katana 750 Pop-up
Suzuki RG250
Kawasaki MC90
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tony Sculpher, Col Dusting, peter900, matb, peter.d.loveridge

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.485 seconds