Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The 2020 VJMC National Rally - Virtual Show and Shine is open to all to view.

You will need to be a member and login to enter or vote. Entries and voting closes at 6:00 PM on Saturday 2nd of May, 2020.

TOPIC:

Judging Class - Honda 10 months 2 weeks ago #49676

• AlanXJ650
  • AlanXJ650's Avatar Topic Author
Enter your Honda here.

Instructions to enter if required. (this is identical to replying to a topic in the Forum):
1. Click on the "Reply Topic" button just above and left of this OR click "Reply" button below any entry
2. Depending on your browser you may need to scroll to the top of screen to see the area to key in details.
3. Enter a few details of your bike, ie Make, Model, Year, whether original or restored and a few notes of interest if you wish.
4. Attach photos up to 8 photos only and one Reply per entry (see steps below if required)
5. Insert the photos in the message so they appear in full size (see steps below if required).
6. Press the "Submit" button and the job is complete
7. Repeat the above steps for each bike you want to enter in each category.

See "How to Enter" topic in this section for help on attaching and inserting photos.

See "How to Vote" topic in this section for help on how to vote.
Alan
1980 Yamaha XT500G (single)
1980 Yamaha XJ650H (four)
1980 Yamaha XS850G (triple)
2012 John Deere ride on (Kawasaki 500cc twin)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by AlanXJ650. Reason: Added details on how to complete entry

Judging Class - Honda 10 months 2 weeks ago #49704

Honda NSR 250 that I refurbished rather than restore. It's now my main display in my shed. I'm too big to ride it :laugh:

EDIT: Made photo appear full size. AlanXJ650
Attachments:

Last edit: by AlanXJ650.

Judging Class - Honda 10 months 2 weeks ago #49735

1993 ST1100. Bought in 2011 from Roxby Downs.
This is my daily ride, just over 177,000km without rebuild. Beautiful bike to ride.
note front/rear cameras, LEDs, and head-up display.

1983 XT600ZL TENERE, 1980 XV750H, 1993 ST1100

Last edit: by GAZZ. Reason: untick subscribe box

Judging Class - Honda 10 months 2 weeks ago #49736

Col from Wodonga Victoria proudly showing his recently restored Honda CB1100RD 1983.
* It was first purchased in Albury in 1983 and been in a shed in Albury ever since.
* I bought it 18 months ago ( third owner) with 4960 original kilometers on the clock with the original front tire still fitted.
* I have repainted the frame , swinging arm, brackets, engine cases, touched up some of the belly pan and re chromed the forks. Everything else is original, paint, seat etc.
* I spent 12 months doing the rebuild. I just put it on Club plates and ridden it approx 50 k’s, and it rides awesome.

1978 XT500E, 1978 XS750E, 1982 XL500R, 1981 RD350LC, 1991 GLX1100G
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pete T, JohnS, matb

Last edit: by BrianG.

Judging Class - Honda 10 months 2 weeks ago #49742

1980 Honda CB900FA.

This model is Honda’s second version of their CB900F that was launched in 1979 and ran to 1982 with several revisions. It has a DOHC 4 valves per cylinder engine design first seen on the 1978 CB750KZ. Early CB900F’s were used in production racing with some success including winning the 1979 Bathurst production race.

This bike was originally a Victorian Police motorcycle and still has the police spec’ speedo. The Victorian Police used both 1979 FZ & 1980 FA models. 5 years ago I bought this bike from another VJMC member Graham and 4 years ago its current engine from another VJMC member Ian. It is in mostly standard condition except for upgraded suspension, exhaust, brake lines & headlight. It is also has 1981 FB model wheels & front mudguard, non-standard blinkers and engine painted black similar to 1982 FC models.

Copies of October 1980 Two Wheels magazine test data for this model are also below for reference.

The following user(s) said Thank You: matb, gtvanewyk@gmail.com

Last edit: by John Doward.

Judging Class - Honda 10 months 2 weeks ago #49750

• rcarmichael
  • Away
This is a 1985 Honda GB500TT.

Its a Japanese model because this bike wasn't imported into Australia, but it did go to NZ. Curiously, though styled in homage to the great British 500 Singles of the '50's and '60's (hence the designation 'GB') it wasn't imported into the UK either. In the 1980's Honda could build anything it wanted to - compare the nostalgic cafe' racer style GB to another 500 cc Honda from this era, the then hi-tech CX500 - from a design and engineering perspective the two bikes are 'like chalk & cheese.'
Specifications:The engine is a sleeved-down XL600 motor with a single OHC radial four valve head giving 44 bhp @ 7,000 rpm.
Weight: In stock form 178kg (dry), but this bike has a non-standard Delkevic silencer and bobbed front mudguard which are lighter than OEM.
Other modifications: Ikon rear shocks; Dart Fly-screen, a pair of Napoleon rear view mirrors, and the saddle-bags.

What's it like to ride? It's light and handles like it's on rails, the engine is smooth for a 500 Single (balance shaft), has great fuel economy, and has both an electric and kick starter. The combination of solo seat, drop-bars and relatively high foot pegs means adopting a sporty riding position.

The bike is now 35 years old and in that time has only done about 20,000 kms. I've owned the GB for 17 years now and still love riding it. But even just looking at its graceful lines gives me joy, as it reminds me of the 500 Singles of my youth, especially the Velocette Thruxton, my dream machine of the '60's.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BLaw56

Last edit: by AlanXJ650. Reason: Added two photos for Rob

Judging Class - Honda 10 months 2 weeks ago #49762

1982 XL500R bought new in Holland by a teenage woman and brought to Australia when she emigrated in the mid 1990's. Soon after arrival here she bought a Harley to enjoy the wide open roads. The XL500 became a farm bike and I bought it from her around 2010 in exceptionally poor condition. It took me a few years to start the restoration which was completed in January 2015 in time for the first Canberra Rally. No longer used on dirt, but rides very well on the roads around SEQ.

1978 XT500E, 1978 XS750E, 1982 XL500R, 1981 RD350LC, 1991 GLX1100G
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: warwickr, matb, Colb

Judging Class - Honda 10 months 2 weeks ago #49792

1985 Honda CH250 SL (Superleggera)
Custom Exhaust, Ported head, Rejetted, Modified suspension both ends ,CBR900 seat.Dr Pulley lightweight sliders LED lighting.Digital speedo modified cooling etc etc.
Handles and goes like the clappers (ask certain Harley riders).
Attract attention where ever it goes, although strangely enough don't get many old timers telling me they had one just like this back in the day.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim

Last edit: by moriss.

Judging Class - Honda 10 months 2 weeks ago #49826

Hi all, this is my 1972 Honda XL250 Motosport, purchased 10 years ago in a few pieces. I discovered soon after, that the engine was in need of a rebuild... what followed was a restoration project in my spare time over a few years.

Here is the finished state, now roadworthy and registered.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrianG, John Doward, warwickr, matb, Col3818

Judging Class - Honda 10 months 2 weeks ago #49830

1983 Honda VF750F
62,000km
Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.221 seconds