Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The 2020 VJMC National Rally - Virtual Show and Shine is open to all to view.

You will need to be a member and login to enter or vote. Entries and voting closes at 6:00 PM on Saturday 2nd of May, 2020.

• Page:

TOPIC:

Judging Class - Special / Modified 10 months 2 weeks ago #49673

• AlanXJ650
  • AlanXJ650's Avatar Topic Author
Enter your Special / Modified Japanese Bikes here.

Instructions to enter if required. (this is identical to replying to a topic in the Forum):
1. Click on the "Reply Topic" button just above and left of this OR click "Reply" button below any entry
2. Depending on your browser you may need to scroll to the top of screen to see the area to key in details.
3. Enter a few details of your bike, ie Make, Model, Year, whether original or restored and a few notes of interest if you wish.
4. Attach photos up to 8 photos only and one Reply per entry (see steps below if required)
5. Insert the photos in the message so they appear in full size (see steps below if required).
6. Press the "Submit" button and the job is complete
7. Repeat the above steps for each bike you want to enter in each category.

See "How to Enter" topic in this section for help on attaching and inserting photos.

See "How to Vote" topic in this section for help on how to vote.
Alan
1980 Yamaha XT500G (single)
1980 Yamaha XJ650H (four)
1980 Yamaha XS850G (triple)
2012 John Deere ride on (Kawasaki 500cc twin)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by AlanXJ650. Reason: Added details on how to complete entry

Judging Class - Special / Modified 10 months 2 weeks ago #49700

Suzuki GT550 highly modified to look like a Tenere but with a name change to Tanami because it was made in Australia.

EDIT: Made photo appear full size. AlanXJ650
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: peted, Colb

Last edit: by AlanXJ650.

Judging Class - Special / Modified 10 months 2 weeks ago #49779

1979 Yamaha RD400
This motorcycle was originally modified for track day use but a few years ago I converted it to road use. She is an absolute blast to ride.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: suzisteve, AussiXS11G

Judging Class - Special / Modified 10 months 2 weeks ago #49790

1985 Honda CH250 SL (Superleggera)
Custom Exhaust, Ported head, Rejetted, Modified suspension both ends ,CBR900 seat.Dr Pulley lightweight sliders LED lighting.Digital speedo modified cooling etc etc.
Handles and goes like the clappers (ask certain Harley riders).
Attract attention where ever it goes, although strangely enough don't get many old timers telling me they had one just like this back in the day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim

Judging Class - Special / Modified 10 months 2 weeks ago #49853

1981 Yamaha SR500.Before and after photos.
Before
After.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: AussiXS11G

Last edit: by Stevenj395.

Judging Class - Special / Modified 10 months 2 weeks ago #49865

This is my Customed 1980 Honda CX500 Shadow. I bought this back in 2015 and bothered working on it this year.
Sadly corona hit right as I wanted to get the tank painted professionally so home rattler cans it is.
It's a great ride with the new Mikuni carbs and CB900 front end. Final colour will be gloss black with a nice wasp yellow stripe work.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Barry

Last edit: by Victor.A.B.

Judging Class - Special / Modified 10 months 2 weeks ago #49881

Hi There, Here’s a before and after of my ‘76 XS 650. I bought it off a guy who owned it for 20 years and it wasn’t going when he bought it. I bought it in June 2017. Fully rebuilt top end, clutch forks etc. It took about 2 years, it’s now about 90% back to original, bar paint and mud guards should be chrome not painted silver.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: AussiXS11G

Last edit: by matb. Reason: Made photos appear full size

Judging Class - Special / Modified 10 months 1 week ago #49909

I bought this 81 XJ 550 off a farmer who used to ride it around on his farm. It was barely running when I got it. This was my first attempt at rebuilding a bike. Completed 2016.

Attachments:

Last edit: by AlanXJ650. Reason: Show "after" photo in full size.

Judging Class - Special / Modified 10 months 1 week ago #49919

Suzuki GSXR-1100H - built 12/86, Australian Compliance plated. I'm the second owner of this immaculate "Slabbie". Shown here with several modifications - USD forks, 17" wheels and upgrades to the suspension/braking package (Please note: all mod's are "bolt on" only - no cutting, welding or modifications to the frame has taken place). I still have all the original items (exhaust, wheels, front end, original windscreen, etc to return it to stock - would only take 1/2 day in the shed).

All standard mechanically, however has had carby's o/hauled and tuned to suit. Currently puts out 115 RW HP.

Last edit: by glenn_mason.

Judging Class - Special / Modified 10 months 1 week ago #49942

My 1976 Honda GL1000 Goldwing carefully customised to street tracker style. We call her a "Backtracker" Imported as a runner from the USA, three years ago. It needed some cosmetic restoration, and as I have a few of these GL's, I decided to customise this one. The engine is original and has not been removed from the frame. Engine and frame paint is still original. Suspension has been lowered 30mm on the forks and the rear left dead stock, in order to keep it very rideable. Modifications include the custom moulded and suede upholstered seat, flat track style handlebars with custom grips, custom stainless headlight mounts incorporating Motogadget LED mini indicators, custom instrument panel lights and instrument faces in white, braided brake hoses, and the gorgeous Candy Ruby red (CB750 colour) and pearl black paint. The Honda tank emblems were replaced with round emblems from the new generation Goldwings, deep set into the plastic tank sides. The wheels are powder coated original DID rims with extra thick stainless spokes. The twin downdraft Weber carburettors are my most recent addition with spectacular results, sound, looks, and performance ! Replaced the mechanical fuel pump with an electric pump to cope with the Webers. Calculating and fabricating the complex linkage system for the carburettors was the hardest part of the modification. The exhaust system uses original headers ceramic coated and custom fabricated baffles and flat polished aluminium rear end retainers in place of the traditional cone ends. Front mudguard is custom rolled. I am now working on design and fabrication of a pair of custom rear sets.

The following user(s) said Thank You: BrianG, AlanXJ650, marktanswell, AussiXS11G, matb, petebe, Chaserfx

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.291 seconds