Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The 2020 VJMC National Rally - Virtual Show and Shine is open to all to view.

You will need to be a member and login to enter or vote. Entries and voting closes at 6:00 PM on Saturday 2nd of May, 2020.

TOPIC:

Judging Class - 1980's 10 months 1 week ago #49917

Suzuki GSXR-1100H - built 12/86, Australian Compliance plated. I'm the second owner of this immaculate "Slabbie". Shown here with several modifications - USD forks, 17" wheels and upgrades to the suspension/braking package (Please note: all mod's are "bolt on" only - no cutting, welding or modifications to the frame has taken place). I still have all the original items (exhaust, wheels, front end, original windscreen, etc to return it to stock - would only take 1/2 day in the shed).

All standard mechanically, however has had carby's o/hauled and tuned to suit. Currently puts out 115 RW HP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Judging Class - 1980's 10 months 1 week ago #49934

Honda CX500 Turbo 1982

Original condition US model with only 14,000 miles.

V-twin pushrod, water cooled, shaft drive. Electronic fuel injection and ignition. The 50mm HIH turbocharger boosts the standard CX500 output from 50hp to 82hp.

Not a sales success as it was expensive, complicated, heavy and feels underpowered when not on boost.
I like it because it seemed so space-aged when I was a teenager and in 1982 the closest I could get to one was building the Tamiya 1:12 scale model kit of it.

I also have two Tamiya model kits to build, including a vintage 1:6 large scale version. Hard to get motivated now I have the 1:1 version!

Last edit: by Stevenh. Reason: formatting

Judging Class - 1980's 10 months 1 week ago #49946

1980 XS1100 on the road...

from MARS
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: AussiXS11G, Hen

Last edit: by AlanXJ650. Reason: Clicked "Insert" on photos to appear full size

Judging Class - 1980's 10 months 1 week ago #49950

This is my 1983 Suzuki Katana 750.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: harrisz1

Judging Class - 1980's 10 months 1 week ago #49957

1981 CB1100RC Number 457/1500. Everyone remembers the Castrol 6 hour races of the 1970s and 1980s. It was the event that Motorcyle manufacturers had to win, and launched the career of Wayne Gardner. This is a survivor, directly from those great days of Motorcycle racing. Found in storage, has 30,000klm on the clock. Footpegs have been ground down to ridiculous levels as battlescars of its former life. This bike represents Classic 80s.

1983 XJ900

Last edit: by JohnS.

Judging Class - 1980's 10 months 1 week ago #49982

My 1985 Yamaha FZ750 purchased in 2011 original colour was red and black just finished the rebuild.

The following user(s) said Thank You: peter900

Judging Class - 1980's 10 months 1 week ago #50006

1100RC owned since 1983 28klm original condition never dropped or raced ,oem exhaust system still in boxes, optional 3.5 rear wheel

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnS

Judging Class - 1980's 10 months 3 days ago #50133

Original A2 1985 Australian Delivered GPZ900R. Everything original, except a repair to middle fairing section crack which required new silver paint on that section paint, including the long rear guard. Still have original set of both keys.
Everything works as designed, including the thermo fan and side stand cut-out switch (anyone who owned one of these where probably caught out with either of these failing) and the seat is still as hard as in the day.
Purchased early 2019, stripped back the basics and gave her a really good clean, replaced the frame bearings as required, kitted the carbies and gave her a good going over
Still goes hard as they always did, and a pleasure to ride.
On club rego and ride when possible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AussiXS11G

Judging Class - 1980's 10 months 3 days ago #50135

Original 1986 GPZ900R A3

This one has quite a story!

I ordered a GPZ900R on my 18th birthday and it was delivered Christmas Eve 1986. I just had to have one and these were arguably THE bike to have in the 80's. So, as a busted a#@e apprentice, I worked two jobs to be able to afford her!

I had her for 6 years, rode fast everywhere, was chased by the cops on the odd occasion, lost my license too many times so I fitted a radar detector (showing my age!) and fitted a brake/tail light disconnect switch as a licence preservation measure! (Hey, I was 18!) I scared myself a lot, and had heaps of fantastic memories!

Sold her in 1993 to a guy I worked with so that I could buy a VFR, He shifted to SA and I shifted to QLD. Over the years, I have always kept a photo of her in the shed and one in the house (apparently the only photo I had in the house when my current partner met me!).

So, sitting around one day in March and looking through Gumtree (as I always do!) and there is this sweet A3, same colour as my old one, located in Melbourne. I sent the guy a message to either ring me or txt me so I could ask a few questions, not thinking much of it. I heard from him that morning asking me if I used to own one of these in the 90's. I replied, yes!. Next he asked where I worked then that got my attention. I answered him (thinking to myself "Sh*t , surely this can't be?"). Then I got the next text saying "This is your old bike!". Needless to say I owned her again within 20 minutes. Two days later after 27 years she was on a truck heading 'home' to me.

The bike, still runs sweet, original except for the 4:1 and screen. The motor has never been apart, original paint in good condition, still has the original faring, screws and infill panels, original keys and books. Even the original gearsack rack is still fitted, although not the original gearsack bag (the NSW police have that! Another long story but thankful for the switch...let's just leave it there!). Anyway - it even still has the bracket that used to hold the special switch!

So, as I am the original owner - here's the plans moving forward. Start by giving her a good clean (in progress), try and source some stock pipes, put her on club plates, ride her with a more 'mature' attitude and never sell her again. Although, I might even fit the old special switch again just for old time sake!

Judging Class - 1980's 10 months 3 days ago #50145

YAMAHA XV 750 MIDNIGHT SPECIAL (1983)
Bike Info
13627 km
Recoated the mufflers
New master cyl ( didnt need it but for future spare )
new indicator lenses ( didnt need it but for future spares )
Touchup paint where needed due to stone chips etc..
Original with the exception of optional furry pillion passenger (removable on request)

The following user(s) said Thank You: AussiXS11G

Time to create page: 1.707 seconds