Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The 2020 VJMC National Rally - Virtual Show and Shine is open to all to view.

You will need to be a member and login to enter or vote. Entries and voting closes at 6:00 PM on Saturday 2nd of May, 2020.

TOPIC:

Judging Class - 1970's 1 year 3 months ago #50039

Hi My 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, Australian bike, not an import, 3 owners, matching frame and engine numbers, original restoration completed in 2009 by Carl Norling, subsequent work by myself and Clark Camp North Qld, Everything correct and original down to Chain Oiler, yellow inspection paint dots, etc. Chrome by Hamilton Chrome, Instruments by Peter Boros, Engine was done with new Rings, gaskets, seals etc. on standard bore in 2009. I bought it in 2012. Bike has done about 8,000 kms since then mainly club runs, displays and overnighters to places in North Qld. It won best bike at the Healesville show prior to me getting it and has won a few more since. Not just a show bike though as I try to ride it at least once a fortnight. I am also a member of Z Owners, and TRMCC,Townsville. Thanks for looking! Cheers Karl Roebuck
The following user(s) said Thank You: warwickr, Adrian Leeds

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by kwakaz1nine. Reason: Pic out of focus...

Judging Class - 1970's 1 year 3 months ago #50040

• cherindean@adam.com.au
Yamaha SR500 1978 Australian bike with matching numbers.Basically standard has done 67000km and engine and drivetrain still needs stuff but goes ok.Cost $100 25+years ago because it was broken and tired. .
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim, kwakaz1nine

Last edit: by cherindean@adam.com.au. Reason: missed one image

Judging Class - 1970's 1 year 3 months ago #50061

''The Chimera''.

1980 XS400F.

Started life as 2 x XS250s, put an XS400 engine in it. Converted from points to PAMCO electronic ignition.

Waiting on correct 'flange nuts' before I can replace the noisy MAC-brand exhausts with an NOS system I have ready to go.

1979 Yamaha XS400F
1995 Suzuki RF900
2003 Suzuki SV650N (Parked-up)
2016 Honda PCX150
Attachments:

Last edit: by Adrian Leeds.

Judging Class - 1970's 1 year 3 months ago #50064

Z1A900 74 model. Australian delivered with correct date stamps.
After a misspent youth watching my older brothers and their mates show up on all sorts of fast machines in the 70's, spending the 80's and 90's riding way too fast on more "modern" bikes, I purchased this as a very average non operational but complete Z900, sight unseen, 4 years ago. I then spent 2 years drinking beer looking at it thinking "what have i done?".
Started restoring it in Aug 18 after returning from the TT on the Isle of Man feeling inspired! Completed restoration Sept 19.
My first restoration and I went in big! The majority of work was carried out by myself (only the paint, wheels and engine assembly, which I assisted, by others) nothing was spared with everything either rebuilt, replaced and polished, engine stripped for cleaning and a check, fitted new rings as everything else was in great condition, carbies rebuilt, original wheels rebuilt, original badges used and covers polished. Correct front end sourced as had been fitted with a Z1000 forks/brakes/dash, other minor modifications made over the years reversed back to original spec.

First Z900 I have ever ridden was when I rode this one out of the shed for its maiden run. Definitely worth it!
I built it to ride and enjoy, so is on club reg and ride when possible.

The following user(s) said Thank You: warwickr, matb, Adrian Leeds, Barry

Last edit: by mamclennan.

Judging Class - 1970's 1 year 3 months ago #50069

1976 Suzuki GT750. As Austin Powers once said 'Yeah... Baby' is the only way to describe them. Sexy 70's Orange Flake paint, water cooling, four exhausts, twin discs and OMG a digital gear indicator in the 70's! This thing is like a two wheeled limo on the highway and is smooth as silk. Only 67,000 made worldwide so pretty rare these days. I love riding it!

The Isle of Man - The Mecca of Motorcycling.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: warwickr, Adrian Leeds

Judging Class - 1970's 1 year 3 months ago #50081

1975 Honda CB 250 G5 resurrected from a motor in frame and several boxes of bits.

Mild custom rebuild mostly due to frame having been attacked with an angle grinder and part sourcing issues.

Note the "custom" crazed paintwork. Not that bad considering the amateur painters first attempt. (I'll redo it one day!)

It's a fun bike to ride.
Cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adrian Leeds

Judging Class - 1970's 1 year 3 months ago #50100

My little Kwaka
Kawasaki MC90 1973 going up against the big boys
Suzuki Katana 750 Pop-up
Suzuki RG250
Kawasaki MC90
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: miked

Judging Class - 1970's 1 year 3 months ago #50105

1977 Honda Gold Wing GL1000 with Australian compliance plate and matching Engine / Frame numbers.
Rescued from a local auction centre in 2016 after a period of 24 years laying idle somewhere in "storage". The "let's see if we can get it going" restoration had begun. Four years later and there is still plenty to do, but after 12 months, it was good enough to travel to the 2018 and 2019 VJMC Rallies without to much fuss. Full engine rebuild came in 2019, which gave it a huge lift and I'm hoping to continue the resurrection over the next few years with work on the running gear, wheels / spokes etc. now that the bigger jobs are done.

GL1000 k2
CBR1100xx
XL250 k3
The following user(s) said Thank You: ozebob

Judging Class - 1970's 1 year 2 months ago #50125

This bike was bought off Ebay without physically seeing the bike. It was OK and did run for a couple of years. It then started to jump out of 2nd gear (a common problem). So I fully stripped the engine, had it hydroblasted and then rebuilt the engine myself.
This bike started my interest in Yamaha triples.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cherindean@adam.com.au

Judging Class - 1970's 1 year 2 months ago #50151

• AlanXJ650
  • AlanXJ650's Avatar Topic Author
Entered for DW

Honda cb750 four k2 now customized
Henry Abe wheels
Dellorto Twin DCOE 40 carbies
Walker 4 into 1 exhaust
Engine 890cc
CMC Performance Cam
Ported Head large valves
Strengthened Conrods
Modified Gearbox
Strengthened Primary Drive
RC Engineerin clutch
Horsepower HEAPS

Alan
1980 Yamaha XT500G (single)
1980 Yamaha XJ650H (four)
1980 Yamaha XS850G (triple)
2012 John Deere ride on (Kawasaki 500cc twin)
Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.261 seconds